One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See speed skating
- ‘This is the deepest tuck used by serious speed skaters, and probably a bit extreme for the new fitness skater.’
- ‘He was a medal-winning speed skater as a teenager but gave that up to go to art school.’
- ‘The scientists divided the athletes into two groups: sprinters, which included speed skaters, and endurance athletes, such as marathon runners and rowers.’
- ‘At the bottom, you should resemble a speed skater with your torso bent all the way over so your chest touches your right thigh.’
- ‘Neither of the skaters came from a skating family, although Zatzman's grandfather was a speed skater.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.