Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small punching bag used by boxers for practicing quick punches.
- ‘The speed bag builds killer hand-eye coordination, but it's also one of the more challenging exercises in the gym.’
- ‘Boxers in training spend a lot of time hitting the speed bag and jumping rope.’
- ‘Hitting a speed bag correctly takes time and practice but pays off in sharper timing and reflexes.’
- ‘She quickly glanced up to her right and spotted Josh looking at them for a moment before he went back to the speed bags.’
- ‘Practice the jab on the heavy bag, focus pads, shadow boxing, double end bag and for advanced boxer's the speed bag.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.