One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Actually, the poet and speechifier had been in him from boyhood: he liked to erect a platform in the barn and electrify himself with his own sermons.’
- ‘He is the chief theorist, the most respected mind, the most passionate speechifier.’
- ‘The speechifier stood aside and relinquished the mike to the preacher who carried on with his attempt to ‘save’ his audience.’
- ‘It's been spouted by so many generations of professional speechifiers that it's easy to be immune to its propagandist agenda of cultural nationalism.’
- ‘On their celebrated departure many of the most eloquent speechifiers in the land delivered impassioned orations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.