One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Training to help people with speech and language problems to speak more clearly.
- ‘In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.’
- ‘I insisted on a referral for speech therapy when he was 2.’
- ‘Consequently, treatment of lisps is best accomplished by speech therapy.’
- ‘Some of the speech problems can be solved with speech therapy alone and some require a combination of speech therapy and surgery.’
- ‘The pain subsided gradually, and he received speech therapy and physiotherapy.’
- ‘She was offered a referral for speech therapy, which is a widely used treatment for vocal cord dysfunction.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘Some types of treatment are speech therapy, drugs, or electronic devices.’
- ‘The facility also offers primary schooling, occupational therapy and speech therapy on both an in-patient and out-patient basis.’
- ‘Many people with Down's Syndrome benefit from specialised education, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy and a dietician.’
- ‘As healing progressed, I began speech therapy and was assured, ‘You will speak again.’’
- ‘Restorative dentistry, speech therapy and dietary counselling may be required for those whose mouths have been altered by the treatment.’
- ‘Behavior modification and speech therapy also are necessary.’
- ‘I had speech therapy, it's still an effort to talk actually.’
- ‘Participants in both groups referred to rehabilitation as including physiotherapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘They were encouraged to continue speech therapy with the help of the linguist.’
- ‘Other therapies that have a crucial role in managing and coping with Parkinson's disease include physiotherapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘Cash will also go towards giving him all the medical care he needs such as speech therapy and hydrotherapy.’
- ‘However, after cleft palate repair, most children eventually catch up and develop normal speech, although some will require speech therapy or additional surgery.’
- ‘Children with this condition often require many other services, including complex dental care and speech therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.