Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Training to help people with speech and language problems to speak more clearly.
- ‘Restorative dentistry, speech therapy and dietary counselling may be required for those whose mouths have been altered by the treatment.’
- ‘I had speech therapy, it's still an effort to talk actually.’
- ‘Other therapies that have a crucial role in managing and coping with Parkinson's disease include physiotherapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘Some types of treatment are speech therapy, drugs, or electronic devices.’
- ‘Behavior modification and speech therapy also are necessary.’
- ‘Cash will also go towards giving him all the medical care he needs such as speech therapy and hydrotherapy.’
- ‘Children with this condition often require many other services, including complex dental care and speech therapy.’
- ‘Consequently, treatment of lisps is best accomplished by speech therapy.’
- ‘As healing progressed, I began speech therapy and was assured, ‘You will speak again.’’
- ‘Participants in both groups referred to rehabilitation as including physiotherapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy.’
- ‘She was offered a referral for speech therapy, which is a widely used treatment for vocal cord dysfunction.’
- ‘They were encouraged to continue speech therapy with the help of the linguist.’
- ‘In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.’
- ‘The pain subsided gradually, and he received speech therapy and physiotherapy.’
- ‘However, after cleft palate repair, most children eventually catch up and develop normal speech, although some will require speech therapy or additional surgery.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘Many people with Down's Syndrome benefit from specialised education, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy and a dietician.’
- ‘Some of the speech problems can be solved with speech therapy alone and some require a combination of speech therapy and surgery.’
- ‘I insisted on a referral for speech therapy when he was 2.’
- ‘The facility also offers primary schooling, occupational therapy and speech therapy on both an in-patient and out-patient basis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.