One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
speaker, public speaker, lecturer, declaimer, rhetoricianView synonyms
- ‘He's a better speech-maker than me.’
- ‘He is scarcely a competent speech-maker let alone an exciting one.’
- ‘He was quiet but witty, and an excellent speechmaker.’
- ‘In his maiden speech, in December 1852, he confessed that he was not a speech-maker.’
- ‘Humour was, understandably, far from the agenda of the speech-makers that day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.