One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His stories enthralled her with their ‘mixture of speculativeness, fantasy and gloominess.’’
- ‘The article and the dissertation decidedly follow such speculativeness.’
- ‘However, although it's been placed with a fair degree of speculativeness, it's a genuine advertisement and I'll be treating every reply with the respect and discretion it deserves.’
- ‘He is careful throughout to acknowledge the speculativeness of his hypotheses.’
- ‘Under the common-law rule, therefore, the crucial point is not the certainty or speculativeness of the wife's interest, but rather the precise word choices made by the drafter of the trust document.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.