One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apparatus for measuring the intensity of light in a part of the spectrum, especially as transmitted or emitted by particular substances.
- ‘Meanwhile, hardware needs include monitors, scanners, printers, spectrophotometers and digital cameras.’
- ‘Prior to the recent introduction of portable reflectance spectrophotometers, there were few other options for measuring color differences.’
- ‘A detector ideal for comparison with spectrophotometers should exhibit intensity readings dependent on the cosine of the incident angle.’
- ‘The absorbance of the product dye at 540 nm was measured using a flow-through spectrophotometer.’
- ‘These subcommittees will be scrutinizing various color management technologies, such as spectrophotometers and monitors, and exploring different color output profiling standards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.