An apparatus for measuring the intensity of light in a part of the spectrum, especially as transmitted or emitted by particular substances.
- ‘Prior to the recent introduction of portable reflectance spectrophotometers, there were few other options for measuring color differences.’
- ‘A detector ideal for comparison with spectrophotometers should exhibit intensity readings dependent on the cosine of the incident angle.’
- ‘These subcommittees will be scrutinizing various color management technologies, such as spectrophotometers and monitors, and exploring different color output profiling standards.’
- ‘Meanwhile, hardware needs include monitors, scanners, printers, spectrophotometers and digital cameras.’
- ‘The absorbance of the product dye at 540 nm was measured using a flow-through spectrophotometer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.