One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for taking photographs of the sun in light of one wavelength only.
- ‘The most important advantages of this form of spectroheliograph is the large field photographed.’
- ‘He invented the spectroheliograph in 1892, a device that allowed him to view the sun in individual wavelengths of light.’
- ‘Basically, the spectroheliograph has two spectrographs mounted back-to-back.’
- ‘Hale also gained prominence as an astronomer with his invention of the spectroheliograph and the discovery of magnetic fields in sunspots.’
- ‘The solar telescopes and spectroheliographs of the Mount Wilson Observatory were among the earliest modern facilities for the study of the solar surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.