One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apparatus for photographing or otherwise recording spectra.
- ‘This approach enables a single imaging spectrograph to perform the work of several independent spectrographs.’
- ‘The imaging spectrograph is connected to a computer.’
- ‘An imaging spectrograph, a digital camera, and a computer analyze the amount of laser light absorbed by the apples, which indicates sweetness.’
- ‘Astronomers have proven this by analyzing the light of distant objects with spectrographs.’
- ‘The high-resolution spectrographs on the world's largest telescopes were able to measure wavelengths in quasar spectra more accurately than they had ever been measured in the laboratory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.