One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A photographic or other visual or electronic representation of a spectrum.
- ‘As I was trained as a linguist, I of course studied spectrograms and sound analyses.’
- ‘The picture below shows six sound spectrograms, top to bottom.’
- ‘By listening to the booms and looking at their spectrograms, the scientists can distinguish between individual bitterns and count them more accurately.’
- ‘For the study of vowels and consonants, the waveform is presented as a spectrogram, on which sounds appear as recognizable visual patterns.’
- ‘Nowadays, most spectrograms map frequency to a predefined color table to visually clarify the plot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.