One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tarsier which has a tail with a long bushy tuft and a scaly base, native to Sulawesi.
Tarsius spectrum, family Tarsiidae
- ‘He has photographed wildlife from the very large - African and Asian elephants - to the very small: kangaroo rats and spectral tarsiers.’
- ‘The spectral tarsier is a nocturnal primate endemic to the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.’
- ‘The tarsiers we saw are spectral tarsiers with huge round eyes which lets them see in the night when they are hunting for insects to eat.’
- ‘In this paper, I investigate how mother and infant spectral tarsiers, Tarsius spectrum, respond to the presence of potential predators.’
- ‘The spectral tarsier, Tarsius spectrum, is the shortest primate in the world at only nine centimetres tall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.