One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Within the context of this film, which wilfully denies many of the conventional pleasures of cinema spectatorship, such moments are genuinely transcendent.’
- ‘Poetry can't compete well with movies, videos, computer interaction, talking novels geared to a voyeuristic spectatorship that may render page readers obsolete.’
- ‘This form of spectatorship contrasts sharply with the interactive performances found in rural villages where most of these maskers normally appear.’
- ‘Does ‘our culture of spectatorship neutralise the moral force of photographs of atrocities’?’
- ‘What we are being given as ironic spectators of this staged act of spectatorship is a complex chain of fabricated misrepresentations as generators of identity.’
- ‘Revisiting these anecdotes tells us something about nineteenth-century curiosity, but also about our own attitudes towards spectatorship, consumption, and desire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.