One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian cobra with a marking on the hood that resembles spectacles.
- ‘The other cobra of Asia is known variously as the common, Asian, Indian, or spectacled cobra (due to the eyeglass-shaped pattern on its skin).’
- ‘In India, the spectacled cobra is much respected and feared, even having its own place in Hindu mythology as a powerful deity.’
- ‘In India, we have three species of cobras - the spectacled cobra, the monocled cobra, which is in the North east, and the black cobra, which is way up in the Northwest region.’
- ‘A highlight of the sightseeing was watching the snake man charm and entice two spectacled cobras to dance.’
- ‘A number of reptiles like Kraits, spectacled cobras, turtles and vipers can also be spotted in the sanctuary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.