One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I spect they've been to a party’nonstandard form of expect
- ‘‘All though I spect that was just cos yer'd rather be workin for some strangers than livin with me.’’
- ‘‘Well how you spect to make her mind?’’
- ‘Having no sense of family or identity, Topsy, when asked who made her, responds by saying, ‘I spect I grow'd.’’
- ‘Nah, I live on a farm and I've seen plenty of cows calving and I don't spect aboriginals be much different.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.