One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I spect they've been to a party’nonstandard form of expect
- ‘Nah, I live on a farm and I've seen plenty of cows calving and I don't spect aboriginals be much different.’
- ‘Having no sense of family or identity, Topsy, when asked who made her, responds by saying, ‘I spect I grow'd.’’
- ‘‘Well how you spect to make her mind?’’
- ‘‘All though I spect that was just cos yer'd rather be workin for some strangers than livin with me.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.