Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The performance of a contractual duty, as ordered in cases where damages would not be adequate remedy.
- ‘He cannot be compelled to perform or comply with the contract, unless specific performance is ordered by the courts…’
- ‘The most reasonable measure of damages would be to order specific performance of the agreement.’
- ‘Normally the remedies of damages, specific performance and injunction, will provide an adequate response to a breach of contract.’
- ‘In this case the plaintiff was granted an order for specific performance of the oral contract.’
- ‘He is entitled merely to sue for specific performance or for damages for the loss of his bargain.’
specific performance/spəˈsifik pərˈfôrməns/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.