One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The performance of a contractual duty, as ordered in cases where damages would not be adequate remedy.
- ‘In this case the plaintiff was granted an order for specific performance of the oral contract.’
- ‘The most reasonable measure of damages would be to order specific performance of the agreement.’
- ‘He cannot be compelled to perform or comply with the contract, unless specific performance is ordered by the courts…’
- ‘Normally the remedies of damages, specific performance and injunction, will provide an adequate response to a breach of contract.’
- ‘He is entitled merely to sue for specific performance or for damages for the loss of his bargain.’
specific performance/spəˈsifik pərˈfôrməns/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.