A squad that is used for kickoffs, punts, and other special plays.
- ‘For two great teams, the special teams units are extraordinarily uninteresting aside from the kickers.’
- ‘The special teams play is a tad confusing the first few tries, but with some practice using the Mini-Camp drills help explain things and get you on the right path.’
- ‘The special teams division really needs work, Dave.’
- ‘Our defense is solid and we've shored up our special teams.’
- ‘You may want to work your special teams on containing punt and kickoff returns.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.