One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An international competition, modeled on the Olympic Games, in which mentally and physically handicapped athletes compete.
- ‘He was selected as the 2004 Special Olympics Male Athlete of the Year.’
- ‘They will hold a table quiz in aid of the Special Olympics.’
- ‘The Special Olympics Network will host a meeting in Jordan's Pub.’
- ‘They helped out with a Special Olympics tournament.’
- ‘The guest speaker will be the CEO of Special Olympics Ireland.’
- ‘Good luck to Nicola Carroll who is going to Dublin to compete in the Special Olympics.’
- ‘The Special Olympics Committee will hold a meeting on Monday.’
- ‘Some of the strawberries were served at a Special Olympics event.’
- ‘the Special Olympics meant a lot of races.’
- ‘There will be a Special Olympics Committee meeting.’
- ‘They will hold a special Table Quiz in aid of the World Special Olympics on Thursday.’
- ‘Girls from fifth class are helping at a Special Olympics Table Tennis day at Moore Abbey.’
- ‘The First International Special Olympics Games were held at Soldier Field, Chicago, in 1968.’
- ‘I spent my day helping to prepare for a Special Olympics event to be held in Connecticut this weekend.’
- ‘A mural on the back wall depicts a Special Olympics event circa 1970.’
- ‘Jimmy had a hand in establishing a Special Olympics program at the base.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.