Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An edition of a newspaper, magazine, television program, etc. which differs from the usual format, especially in concentrating on one particularly important story.
- ‘Although the extras don't warrant a special edition stamp on the front, the disc is far from being bare-bones.’
- ‘Universal has now released Saboteur on DVD as part of its recent flood of Hitchcock special editions.’
- ‘Well, ‘Entertainment Weekly’ is releasing not one but six different special editions of the magazine with some of your favorite characters on the covers.’
- ‘It's not perfect, but the groundwork is solid enough that I have hope for future special editions.’
- ‘There is no doubt that this film will be resurrected in a special edition format.’
- ‘This documentary, directed by Laurence Green, has many of the features of a special edition DVD.’
- ‘While not quite a special edition, the disc serves the public well.’
- ‘There is also a special edition available.’
- ‘Universal has now brought both versions of Cape Fear to DVD in separate special editions worthy of the films' reputations.’
- ‘The measurement tool has not changed, but ABC can now measure bulk sales for special editions or sports editions.’
- ‘Paramount is not a studio known for producing stunning special editions of their properties.’
- ‘Fox Home Video is also set free for producing the best special edition discs of all the major studios.’
- ‘The explosive testimony will be broadcast on Tuesday night in a special edition of RTE's Prime Time.’
- ‘Cut back on flooding stores with special edition this and special edition that.’
- ‘He was also involved editorially - as reviewer, editor of influential special editions and as researcher.’
- ‘The more special editions I see, the more I am convinced the editor's first choice is usually his best.’
- ‘Warner Brothers has done an excellent job with each of the titles, and they all rival any special editions you could find of classic studio films.’
- ‘Often the product's drivers are not ready, special editions or in beta stage and testers are struggling to keep up with last minute updates.’
- ‘Since then, Paramount has gone back and created two-disc special editions of the first four films.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.