One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A journalist writing for a newspaper on special events or a special area of interest.
reporter, journalist, columnist, writer, contributor, newspaperman, newspaperwoman, newsman, newswoman, commentator, chroniclerView synonyms
- ‘Today, virtually no newspaper and no television network has such a special correspondent.’
- ‘There are few women reporters and special correspondents.’
- ‘She's special correspondent for ‘Talk’ magazine.’
- ‘It is a good thing that Swiss special correspondents have dared to travel to the country.’
- ‘She's also special correspondent for CBS news.’
- ‘He's a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair.’’
- ‘As CNN's special correspondent in, he became a household name in the US.’
- ‘In 1867 Stanley became special correspondent for the New York Herald.’
- ‘He is a special correspondent for the Pakistani publication Journal.’
- ‘From 1908 he was reporter, special correspondent, and leader-writer on the Sydney Morning Herald.’
- ‘New programmes were planned, including a puppet show called ‘It's a Small World ’, the special correspondent revealed.’
- ‘Various special correspondents, toxicologists and commercial risk consultants were wheeled out to discuss the dangers posed by such a device.’
- ‘Now, Dominick Dunne is a journalist, a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair,’ but is also an outspoken victims rights advocate.’
- ‘Hansraj Vohra, worked as a special correspondent of The Statesman, The Times of India and the Deccan Herald in that order.’
- ‘As late as 1846, only Baltimore and Washington, D.C., papers assigned special correspondents to cover Congress.’
- ‘He's a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair,’ best - selling author.’
- ‘He's the special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair’.’
- ‘Onlookers from both sides crowded round, including all three special correspondents.’
- ‘We're talking Hollywood tonight with somebody who knows it so well, Dominick Dunne, special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair’ magazine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.