One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A journalist writing for a newspaper on special events or a special area of interest.
reporter, journalist, columnist, writer, contributor, newspaperman, newspaperwoman, newsman, newswoman, commentator, chroniclerView synonyms
- ‘It is a good thing that Swiss special correspondents have dared to travel to the country.’
- ‘Various special correspondents, toxicologists and commercial risk consultants were wheeled out to discuss the dangers posed by such a device.’
- ‘He's a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair.’’
- ‘There are few women reporters and special correspondents.’
- ‘Today, virtually no newspaper and no television network has such a special correspondent.’
- ‘From 1908 he was reporter, special correspondent, and leader-writer on the Sydney Morning Herald.’
- ‘Hansraj Vohra, worked as a special correspondent of The Statesman, The Times of India and the Deccan Herald in that order.’
- ‘We're talking Hollywood tonight with somebody who knows it so well, Dominick Dunne, special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair’ magazine.’
- ‘She's special correspondent for ‘Talk’ magazine.’
- ‘In 1867 Stanley became special correspondent for the New York Herald.’
- ‘Now, Dominick Dunne is a journalist, a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair,’ but is also an outspoken victims rights advocate.’
- ‘He's a special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair,’ best - selling author.’
- ‘She's also special correspondent for CBS news.’
- ‘As CNN's special correspondent in, he became a household name in the US.’
- ‘He is a special correspondent for the Pakistani publication Journal.’
- ‘As late as 1846, only Baltimore and Washington, D.C., papers assigned special correspondents to cover Congress.’
- ‘He's the special correspondent for ‘Vanity Fair’.’
- ‘New programmes were planned, including a puppet show called ‘It's a Small World ’, the special correspondent revealed.’
- ‘Onlookers from both sides crowded round, including all three special correspondents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.