One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The common garden mint, used as a culinary herb and to flavor candy, chewing gum, etc.
- ‘Mints, usually spearmint, are used, fresh or dried, to make jams, jellies, and sauces, to accompany meat, fish, or vegetable dishes.’
- ‘Peppermint is a hybrid between spearmint and water mint that was developed in the 1600s.’
- ‘For stomach trouble, drink a tea of the common nettle or of spearmint.’
- ‘Peppermint and spearmint are helpful when anxiety or insomnia are accompanied by indigestion or nausea.’
- ‘Its menthol ingredient promotes your skin's circulation while the spearmint and peppermint refresh and clean the surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.