One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The common garden mint, used as a culinary herb and to flavor candy, chewing gum, etc.
Mentha spicata, family Labiatae
- ‘Its menthol ingredient promotes your skin's circulation while the spearmint and peppermint refresh and clean the surface.’
- ‘Peppermint and spearmint are helpful when anxiety or insomnia are accompanied by indigestion or nausea.’
- ‘Mints, usually spearmint, are used, fresh or dried, to make jams, jellies, and sauces, to accompany meat, fish, or vegetable dishes.’
- ‘For stomach trouble, drink a tea of the common nettle or of spearmint.’
- ‘Peppermint is a hybrid between spearmint and water mint that was developed in the 1600s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.