One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A billfish that resembles the marlin.
- ‘There's a trophy for the biggest spearfish over 30 pounds.’
- ‘The seas seem to have just marlin and spearfish.’
- ‘The same day we catch our last marlin we hook and land a spearfish.’
Fish using a spear.‘spearfishing is strictly illegal in the marine parks’‘resort owners do not allow tourists to spearfish’
- ‘Of all shark attacks worldwide, nearly all occur on surfers and many were directly related to fishing or spearfishing.’
- ‘He remembers spearfishing with the island kids; she, picking flowers in the forest with her grandmother.’
- ‘Morihei spent a good deal of time on the ocean spearfishing.’
- ‘Malta's clear waters are home to plentiful fish, despite continuing illegal spearfishing.’
- ‘During his years spearfishing on the Banks, Trevor Krull learned to respect these awesome predators.’
- ‘Cyprus has been intensively fished for many years and scuba spearfishing remains popular.’
- ‘One aspect of diving holidays that has pretty much disappeared is the sport of spearfishing.’
- ‘Because spearfishing is forbidden, there are many reef fishes in all sizes, and they are not shy.’
- ‘If Moises's pals were going spearfishing for dinner, he went too.’
- ‘The centre offers diving, spearfishing, underwater photography, and simply sailing.’
- ‘Trawling, rod-and-line fishing and spearfishing were banned.’
- ‘I have nothing against selective spearfishing for the odd meal, but most of this lot come under the category of ‘idiots with spearguns‘.’
- ‘Somewhat perversely, spearfishing is still allowed within the area of the marine reserve, so I don't blame the big fish for being cautious.’
- ‘The spearfishing craze was at its height, and few devotees paid any attention to the local legislation outlawing the use of spearguns with diving equipment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.