Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Belonging to both space and time or to space-time.
- ‘If God is the only real cause of spatio-temporal phenomena, he is the only real cause of ‘thoughts’ or ‘perceptions.’’
- ‘Specific accumulation regimes and modes of regulation are typically constructed in specific social spaces and spatio-temporal matrices.’
- ‘The world consists of ordinary spatio-temporal objects.’
- ‘They have a potential for dynamic spatio-temporal experience across a network of associative links.’
- ‘The world we experience is a spatio-temporal world.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.