One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We must recognise that rural schools by their very nature often have small numbers of pupils due to the sparsity of population in our countryside.’
- ‘The sparsity of punctuation is as headlong as any of Dickinson's dashes.’
- ‘This is due to the relative sparsity of development in the post-medieval period.’
- ‘But because of the sparsity of the population here, that is not possible.’
- ‘He told the Trade and Industry Committee: ‘One of the major problems we had in manufacturing in the UK was a real sparsity of efficient, quality subcontractors.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.