One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An encounter becomes heated or lively.‘sparks always fly when you two get together’
- ‘I at least want the opportunity, and the chance to see if the sparks fly like I have been dreaming they will!’
- ‘Watch the sparks fly in some churches if and when such a discussion takes place.’
- ‘One day someone will get Tiga and Kelis on a track together, and watch the sparks fly when they do.’
- ‘Olschok seems more preoccupied by attempting to thrill the audience than he his trying at make sure sparks fly between the two leads.’
- ‘At times, she swore she saw a few sparks fly in the space between the two.’
- ‘From the very first he had seen the sparks fly between them, but he had never imagined that it would come to this.’
- ‘The moment you two met in that studio, the moment your hands touched, I saw sparks fly.’
- ‘What kind of sparks fly when Olivia realizes her dreams of a lazy weekend are thwarted?’
- ‘Sure Ben was nice and held me when I needed comforting but Trevor's touch made sparks fly for some reason.’
- ‘Lisa was disappointed, she really wanted to see sparks fly between the two of them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.