One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small graphic designed to give a quick representation of numerical or statistical information within a piece of text, taking the form of a graph without axes.
- ‘Suddenly we'll see sparklines everywhere, even where they're not appropriate.’
- ‘Though best suited for print (due to their intense resolutions), sparklines can also introduce a lot of contextual (and perhaps even actionable) information to Web blog posts.’
- ‘Here you see his representation of the blog continuum as a sparkline.’
- ‘Sparklines are tiny graphical devices that can communicate enormous volumes of data in just a few characters’
- ‘If the sparkline is showing too much information, is this a sin as grave as not enough?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.