One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Do everything one possibly can in order to achieve something.‘we will spare no effort to secure the release of the captives’
- ‘Private organizations promoting judicial reform also spared no effort to help.’
- ‘She was a woman who spared no effort to further the cause she believed in.’
- ‘Addressing a UN forum in Brasilia on Tuesday night, Silva vowed to spare no effort in the fight against corruption.’
- ‘In Sligo we are fortunate to have fine coaches, who spare no effort in the preparation of athletes for national competition.’
- ‘Apart from personnel relocation, Huang also spared no effort to improve the work environment for the design team.’
- ‘Early last July, Economy Minister Nikolai Vassilev said the Government had spared no effort to help the owners immediately resume operation.’
- ‘The directors of almost all the parks are sparing no effort to draw in visitors with new attractions.’
- ‘Predictably, China will spare no efforts to block the process.’
- ‘In the itinerant persecution of Christians he spared no effort to stifle the spread of the gospel.’
- ‘A winner all the way was coach/trainer Mary Morrissey who spared no effort at training sessions to both teams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.