Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting, relating to, or constituting Internet spam.‘in the past, the tactics that worked for Internet marketers were ‘in-your-face’ advertisements and spammy emails’
- ‘Spammers sometimes use IP addresses instead of domain names to make the spammy sites harder to spot.’
- ‘Looks pretty spammy to me, and I'm wondering what your recommendation is?’
- ‘When I was little there used to be more opportunities to use your talents to win stuff without having to give out all sorts of personal info about yourself and get on a ton of spammy awful mailing lists.’
- ‘So the spammier it looked, the lower the score, the more perfectly optimized the higher?’
- ‘In any case if it looks spammy then your visitors won't like it and will be more inclined to go elsewhere.’
- ‘Meanwhile, working at home is not like how the spammy adverts portray.’
- ‘Then I dug around and sure enough, there were over 200 spammy trackbacks sent from January 5th through the 20th.’
- ‘One of the spammiest players is either involved or is friendly with the organisers.’
- ‘If you haven't received yours, check your spam folder - darn evite messages all look spammy and such.’
- ‘It is Europe's spammiest ISP and one which we, as well as Italy's other main networks and many US networks, consider to be Europe's worst spam problem.’
- ‘Sounds a bit spammy to us - viral, even.’
- ‘Even if your electronic mail program doesn't identify the file or sender as spammy, make sure you're well acquainted with the sender.’
- ‘The better strategy would be to invest a bit more time into the research phase before throwing $2,000 into a bunch of spammy directories.’
- ‘Legitimate information risks being crowded out by junky, spammy imitations.’
- ‘Well from a website visitor's perspective, is it better to land on a parked domain littered with spammy ads?’
- ‘But as bad as spammy SEO firms are, there are worse offenders.’
- ‘In fact, these algorithmic improvements should improve search relevance and neutralize some of the spammier link building methods.’
- ‘Meanwhile any businesses willing to pay the new charges can fast-track their spammiest marketing mailouts direct into customer's mailboxes.’
- ‘More and more people seem to be getting hit by competitors creating spammy links to try to get them into trouble.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.