One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I have a perfectly acceptable spag bol I made on Friday in the freezer.’
- ‘I first made spag bol in home-ec classes at school and was regularly called upon by my family to make it for dinner.’
- ‘It is time to go beyond spag bol to make the most of spaghetti's shape, smooth texture and innate sauce-absorbing quality.’
- ‘Tuna and couscous brings a welcome break from spag bol.’
- ‘A crisp ten pound note gets you two meals from a selection of lasagne, spag bol, chicken tikka massala, bangers and mash, veggie burger, and a bottle of the wine of the month.’
- ‘My spag bol was served ‘ready mixed’ with the spaghetti well-tossed in the orangey-red sauce.’
- ‘I'm sure everyone knows how to make spag bol, but I've got cooking it down to an art.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.