Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A vehicle used for traveling in space.
vessel, ship, boat, watercraft, aircraft, machine, spacecraft, spaceshipView synonyms
- ‘The United States is also planning on launching a lunar spacecraft a few years later.’
- ‘The spacecraft then will be ready to serve the scientific community for years to come.’
- ‘Electrical devices on spacecrafts, satellites, and aircraft must work reliably and efficiently in situations where they can not be easily repaired.’
- ‘The first extreme condition a spacecraft has to deal with is that of launch.’
- ‘The Voyager spacecraft carried a laser disc of Bulgarian folk music to show aliens what life is like on earth.’
- ‘How much food do we need to have on the spacecraft for the astronauts to go to Mars?’
- ‘Galileo is the first spacecraft to fly by an asteroid and the first to discover a moon of an asteroid.’
- ‘A spacecraft would also have to be designed form scratch and built in under a year.’
- ‘Saturn is to be visited by the Cassini spacecraft in the middle of this year, so keep your eye on it.’
- ‘It will be the second time American astronauts return to Earth in a Soyuz spacecraft.’
- ‘Its engineers warned that ice from the shuttle or the launch platform could fall and damage the spacecraft.’
- ‘This was followed by a simulated separation of the spacecraft from the launcher.’
- ‘Once it is safely in orbit around the ringed planet, the spacecraft can begin to do its real work.’
- ‘The experiment will be performed on board the Soyuz spacecraft by the Italian astronaut.’
- ‘It is rare to have an opportunity to study a small body up close without sending a spacecraft to it.’
- ‘In addition, they will also have to operate a manned spacecraft for at least a week.’
- ‘The spacecraft may tell us more about comets and their place in the solar system.’
- ‘If all goes well, Messenger will be the first spacecraft to orbit that planet.’
- ‘The operations team came up with a plan to roll the spacecraft and warm the hinges with the Sun.’
- ‘In 1993, Nasa's Observer spacecraft vanished three days before it was due to enter orbit.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.