Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Conditions in the region of space close to the earth, especially the presence of electromagnetic radiation and charged particles emitted by the sun, that can affect human activity and technology.
- ‘Variations in space weather are caused by solar activity, including solar flares.’
- ‘The internal magnetic field of the Sun waxes and wanes on an 11-year cycle which affects the space weather.’
- ‘But as with all space weather, satellites and communication systems will be at risk of disruption or damage.’
- ‘These features are the dominant sources of disturbances in space weather that lead to geomagnetic storms.’
- ‘By knowing how auroras react to the solar wind, scientists can better determine the impacts of space weather in the future.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.