Conditions in the region of space close to the earth, especially the presence of electromagnetic radiation and charged particles emitted by the sun, that can affect human activity and technology.
- ‘Variations in space weather are caused by solar activity, including solar flares.’
- ‘The internal magnetic field of the Sun waxes and wanes on an 11-year cycle which affects the space weather.’
- ‘But as with all space weather, satellites and communication systems will be at risk of disruption or damage.’
- ‘These features are the dominant sources of disturbances in space weather that lead to geomagnetic storms.’
- ‘By knowing how auroras react to the solar wind, scientists can better determine the impacts of space weather in the future.’