One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of traveling into space for recreational purposes.‘space tourism could be a $10 billion-per-year industry within two decades’
- ‘The book covers topics ranging from public space travel (aka space tourism) to extraterrestrial mining to space solar power.’
- ‘Not only will space tourism satisfy some tremendous, pent-up demand for novel holiday activity, it will bring about an exploration Renaissance.’
- ‘In addition to the flying displays, visitors will have the chance to see the Starchaser Nova Rocket, which marks the first step on the road to space tourism.’
- ‘Its designers are trying to win a $10 million contest to encourage space tourism.’
- ‘Perhaps $60,000, the equivalent of the price to climb Mount Everest, will be the "affordable ticket price" that creates a market for space tourism.’
- ‘If space tourism develops during the coming decades, it will generate jobs similar to those which exist in the travel industry today.’
- ‘He plans to launch a suborbital space tourism business in three years, with five "spaceliners" modeled on aerospace pioneer Burt Rutan's now-famous SpaceShipOne.’
- ‘For the general public, the concept of space tourism continues to be an exciting dream.’
- ‘The difference this time is the flight is specifically for the sake of space tourism (with the previous two, they simply added the "tourist" to a planned mission).’
- ‘There is also growing acceptance of suborbital markets beyond space tourism.’
- ‘U.S. lawmakers, too, are taking the first steps to regulate space tourism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.