One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of traveling into space for recreational purposes.‘space tourism could be a $10 billion-per-year industry within two decades’
- ‘The book covers topics ranging from public space travel (aka space tourism) to extraterrestrial mining to space solar power.’
- ‘If space tourism develops during the coming decades, it will generate jobs similar to those which exist in the travel industry today.’
- ‘Not only will space tourism satisfy some tremendous, pent-up demand for novel holiday activity, it will bring about an exploration Renaissance.’
- ‘Its designers are trying to win a $10 million contest to encourage space tourism.’
- ‘Perhaps $60,000, the equivalent of the price to climb Mount Everest, will be the "affordable ticket price" that creates a market for space tourism.’
- ‘There is also growing acceptance of suborbital markets beyond space tourism.’
- ‘U.S. lawmakers, too, are taking the first steps to regulate space tourism.’
- ‘He plans to launch a suborbital space tourism business in three years, with five "spaceliners" modeled on aerospace pioneer Burt Rutan's now-famous SpaceShipOne.’
- ‘The difference this time is the flight is specifically for the sake of space tourism (with the previous two, they simply added the "tourist" to a planned mission).’
- ‘In addition to the flying displays, visitors will have the chance to see the Starchaser Nova Rocket, which marks the first step on the road to space tourism.’
- ‘For the general public, the concept of space tourism continues to be an exciting dream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.