One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A regular, indefinitely repeated array of points in three dimensions in which the points lie at the intersections of three sets of parallel equidistant planes.
- ‘Bravais space lattices represent the 14 basic lattice types from which according to Bravais, practically all natural crystals originate.’
- ‘A regular space lattice is a particularly simple type of network.’
- ‘The N particles are randomly placed on the phase space lattice with no more than one particle on a lattice site.’
- ‘He also perceived that the 14 space lattices consisted of 7 different lattice symmetries, which correspond to 7 crystal systems.’
- ‘For 3-dimensional space lattices we need 3 or in some cases 4 crystallographic axes that define directions within the crystal lattices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.