Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The frequency of occurrence of stars, particles, or other heavenly bodies, per specified volume of space.
- ‘Spherical harmonics were fit to the pitch and phase distributions in order to obtain fluxes from which phase space densities could be computed.’
- ‘For a Gaussian model, the effects of multi-particles Bose-Einstein correlations on the mean phase space density are studied.’
- ‘Independent of one's redshift model, substantial changes in the luminosity function or space density of quasars and radio galaxies have occurred.’
- ‘Our study helps address the space density at low redshift, thus allowing us to get a more definitive measure of the evolution in number of these systems.’
- ‘If these are massive early-type galaxies their space density exceeds the expectations based on hierarchical clustering models.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.