Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The frequency of occurrence of stars, particles, or other heavenly bodies, per specified volume of space.
- ‘If these are massive early-type galaxies their space density exceeds the expectations based on hierarchical clustering models.’
- ‘Spherical harmonics were fit to the pitch and phase distributions in order to obtain fluxes from which phase space densities could be computed.’
- ‘Independent of one's redshift model, substantial changes in the luminosity function or space density of quasars and radio galaxies have occurred.’
- ‘For a Gaussian model, the effects of multi-particles Bose-Einstein correlations on the mean phase space density are studied.’
- ‘Our study helps address the space density at low redshift, thus allowing us to get a more definitive measure of the evolution in number of these systems.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.