Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Occupying little space; enabling the available space to be used economically.‘a space-saving flat LCD screen’
- ‘An elegant and space-saving mini hi-fi system no longer consigns you to wafer-thin sounds.’
- ‘They are basically space-saving lamps that are designed to throw a comparatively shadow-free circle of light upon the ground.’
- ‘Benches are ideal as space-saving dining room seating.’
- ‘Currently, most medical records are kept in paper notes locked away in filing cabinets, so the use of CDs offers a huge space-saving advantage.’
- ‘With the family space more precious than ever, Beth began a decade-long design process that melds a simple, well-composed look with ingenious storage and space-saving ideas.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.