One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occupying little space; enabling the available space to be used economically.‘a space-saving flat LCD screen’
- ‘An elegant and space-saving mini hi-fi system no longer consigns you to wafer-thin sounds.’
- ‘Currently, most medical records are kept in paper notes locked away in filing cabinets, so the use of CDs offers a huge space-saving advantage.’
- ‘With the family space more precious than ever, Beth began a decade-long design process that melds a simple, well-composed look with ingenious storage and space-saving ideas.’
- ‘Benches are ideal as space-saving dining room seating.’
- ‘They are basically space-saving lamps that are designed to throw a comparatively shadow-free circle of light upon the ground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.