One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The liquid obtained by suspending soybean flour in water, used as a fat-free substitute for milk, particularly by vegans and by those unable to tolerate milk products.
- ‘From soy turkey to soy milk, food manufacturers seem to be able to make just about anything from soybeans these days.’
- ‘If you tend to have low blood sugar, have a little soy milk or yogurt to get your system started.’
- ‘The recent increase in cases of lactose intolerance in the west has in fact been due to parents not giving cows milk to their kids, instead opting for soy milk or other drinks.’
- ‘Milk, soy milk or milk powder may also be added to give the bubble tea a creamy texture.’
- ‘My favorite breakfast consists of a bowl of oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, fruit and soy milk.’
- ‘Unless you're allergic to milk or moralistically vegan, don't order soy milk!’
- ‘I had been starting my day with yogurt, soy milk and strawberry smoothies and taking in other allergens throughout the day.’
- ‘Consumption of products such as soy milk also rose as consumers sought ways of reducing levels of saturated fat and cholesterol in their diets.’
- ‘Fortified food sources of vitamin D include milk, soy milk, butter, margarine, and cereals.’
- ‘It's impossible to find decent soy yoghurt or soy milk without added sugar and all manner of other wacky extras.’
- ‘Some people have a genetic mutation that increases the amount of homocysteine their body produces so those people should probably switch to soy milk.’
- ‘In fact, some people think some of the milk substitutes - like vanilla soy milk - taste better than regular cow's milk.’
- ‘In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, soy milk, honey, almonds and canola oil.’
- ‘Sometimes I forgot to add the soy milk and water.’
- ‘Unlike other milk, soy milk contains no lactose, a substance that some people cannot digest.’
- ‘There is no need to worry about protein if you are eating a varied vegetarian diet as it is easy to get protein from lentils, dal, beans, rice, soy milk, cereals and potatoes.’
- ‘He now eats oatmeal topped with raisins, peanut butter, and soy milk before his morning rides.’
- ‘A glass of nonfat milk or soy milk isn't just a beverage; it's also a protein snack.’
- ‘I used an egg this time, but suspect soy milk would have been better.’
- ‘In a large mixing bowl, blend soy milk, water, 1/4 cup margarine, sugar, syrup, flour, and salt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.