One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Eurasian plant with yellow flowers, leaves that resemble those of the thistle, and milky sap.
Genus Sonchus, family CompositaeAlso called milk thistle
- ‘In South Dakota, perennial sowthistle is concentrated in the northeast and eastern areas of the state.’
- ‘Many people mistakenly group the annual and perennial sowthistles into two species rather than four.’
- ‘Also, the leaf margins of spiny sowthistle are much more spiny or prickly than those of annual sowthistle.’
- ‘No insect biocontrol agents are presently available for perennial sowthistle in Washington.’
- ‘Perennial sowthistle is common in cultivated areas, ditch banks, meadows, and neglected areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.