One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Eurasian plant with yellow flowers, leaves that resemble those of the thistle, and milky sap.
Genus Sonchus, family CompositaeAlso called milk thistle
- ‘In South Dakota, perennial sowthistle is concentrated in the northeast and eastern areas of the state.’
- ‘Many people mistakenly group the annual and perennial sowthistles into two species rather than four.’
- ‘No insect biocontrol agents are presently available for perennial sowthistle in Washington.’
- ‘Perennial sowthistle is common in cultivated areas, ditch banks, meadows, and neglected areas.’
- ‘Also, the leaf margins of spiny sowthistle are much more spiny or prickly than those of annual sowthistle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.