One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the southern part of Asia or its inhabitants.‘South Asian classical and semi-classical music’
- ‘South Asian officials say the death toll has now topped 1,300 following a massive 7.6 magnitude earthquake today.’
- ‘The Pakistani author was at the South Asian Literary Festival.’
- ‘South Asian people are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.’
- ‘First, Indian is ambiguous, since it can refer both to South Asian Indians and American Indians.’
- ‘There are thousands of South Asian and Indo-Caribbean taxi drivers, restaurant workers, domestic workers and small vendors who help keep New York running.’
A native or inhabitant of the southern part of Asia.‘South Asians continue to find success’
- ‘Despite their growing numbers, South Asians have been loath to flex their political muscles or be vocal about religious intolerance or discrimination.’
- ‘South Asians have been observed to have a high risk of developing diabetes at lower levels of body mass index than Western populations.’
- ‘South Asians form 57 percent of the population, making them the single largest expatriate group.’
- ‘South Asians, for instance, are more likely than others to live in joint family households.’
- ‘South Asians are the elite of immigrants to the US.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.