One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the southern part of Asia or its inhabitants.‘South Asian classical and semi-classical music’
- ‘South Asian officials say the death toll has now topped 1,300 following a massive 7.6 magnitude earthquake today.’
- ‘There are thousands of South Asian and Indo-Caribbean taxi drivers, restaurant workers, domestic workers and small vendors who help keep New York running.’
- ‘First, Indian is ambiguous, since it can refer both to South Asian Indians and American Indians.’
- ‘The Pakistani author was at the South Asian Literary Festival.’
- ‘South Asian people are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.’
A native or inhabitant of the southern part of Asia.‘South Asians continue to find success’
- ‘South Asians have been observed to have a high risk of developing diabetes at lower levels of body mass index than Western populations.’
- ‘South Asians form 57 percent of the population, making them the single largest expatriate group.’
- ‘South Asians are the elite of immigrants to the US.’
- ‘South Asians, for instance, are more likely than others to live in joint family households.’
- ‘Despite their growing numbers, South Asians have been loath to flex their political muscles or be vocal about religious intolerance or discrimination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.