One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The southern part of Asia, in particular India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- ‘The question about the location of South Asians within Asian America is, inevitably, left open-ended.’
- ‘About 41 per cent of these are Filipinos while 12 per cent are South Asians.’
- ‘In the first half of the twentieth century, urban centers were dominated by South Asians and Europeans, while Fijians were considered essentially a rural people.’
- ‘However, little is known about the charts' predictive validity in high risk groups such as South Asians, Polynesians, or African Americans.’
- ‘The rise of South Asians into the Asian mainstream has helped reinforce such thinking, she says.’
- ‘Filipinos have their own way of doing hip-hop as do South Asians.’
- ‘Today more than 80 percent are of Turkish or Lebanese origin, although South Asians and Indians from Fiji are also represented.’
- ‘While many of the advocacy groups are composed of second generation Asians or South Asians, others are collaboration between second and first generation groups.’
- ‘Why do you make a distinction between South Asians and Asians?’
- ‘Bangladeshis are the most recent immigrant group among South Asians in the United Kingdom.’
- ‘Newcomers from all over - particularly South Asians - join in droves, which anybody can do as long as they bring $100 and their equipment.’
- ‘Nor has it helped that there just isn't enough data about the specific health problems of South Asians, let alone Indian Americans.’
- ‘Consumption of meat and other animal products is conclusively linked to heart disease, strokes, obesity and several types of cancer, as well as diabetes - which is also on the rise among South Asians.’
- ‘The importance of triglyceride concentration also requires clarification in young men, women, and groups such as South Asians among whom abdominal obesity is prevalent.’
- ‘In the population as a whole the trend to smaller families continues although South Asians, and particularly Pakistanis and Bangladeshis, tend to have more children than other ethnic groups.’
- ‘Companies are just not creating enough jobs, despite intense pressure to hire Saudis instead of South Asians and other expatriates.’
- ‘We still do not have an explanation for excess deaths from coronary heart disease in South Asians, but several plausible hypotheses have been generated.’
- ‘One American contractor confirmed that South Asians had been brought in to handle at least some jobs with security implications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.