A short-tailed ground squirrel native to Eurasia and the Arctic.
- ‘Even unique mammals such as sousliks, saiga antelope, and Asiatic cheetah may survive in the remote reaches of these mountains and valleys.’
- ‘European sousliks bring food into the lodge for consumption, and they provide food for the young.’
- ‘The protected species are sand boa, European souslik, and a local endemic mouse’
- ‘Three other animals currently undergoing intense reintegration efforts at Prague Zoo are the barn owl, the souslik and the European bison.’
- ‘The original steppe was host to a myriad of species, including many small mammals such as susliks, pikas and voles, that are staple prey for sakers.’
Late 18th century: from Russian.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.