One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A program written in a language other than machine code, typically a high-level language.
- ‘It would seem the shared source program is meant to attract smaller companies.’
- ‘Since it is an insistently closed source program - and one that additionally uses a proprietary protocol - we have no way of verifying its security.’
- ‘But beyond the freely available code, the license for an open source program must give users the freedom to modify the code as well as to redistribute a program as a component of another software package.’
- ‘Since it's an open source program, you can download a free copy here.’
- ‘That highly-unpopular policy is now ended, and the open source program is available to all, not just selected partners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.