One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cream which has been deliberately fermented by the addition of certain bacteria.
- ‘Cut into squares and serve, topping with sour cream and cilantro to garnish.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, flour, sour cream, egg and egg yolk and whisk to combine.’
- ‘Place the chocolate, sour cream and muscovado sugar in a heavy saucepan over a very low heat.’
- ‘For a double hit, serve them with a bowl of sour cream with some raw spring onions chopped and sprinkled on the top.’
- ‘Serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, cilantro and green onions.’
- ‘There is also a discreet dish of blinis, boiled potato slices and sour cream.’
- ‘In a small bowl mix together the lovage, brioche, sauerkraut, creme fraiche, and sour cream.’
- ‘The meal was served with a large side salad and baked potatoes with sour cream.’
- ‘Milk, butter, sour cream, and curd cheese were traditionally highly prized additions to the diet.’
- ‘To serve, garnish with a drizzle of sour cream or plain yogurt and chopped parsley or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.’
- ‘Whip them up with butter, sour cream or cream cheese to spread on everything from toast to potatoes to steak to squash.’
- ‘Just one tablespoon of butter, sour cream or gravy can double the calories in a potato.’
- ‘Margarine, butter, mayonnaise and sour cream add fat to vegetables and fruits.’
- ‘In a medium bowl, combine the banana purée, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until combined.’
- ‘If you prefer a chunky soup, simply add cream cheese and sour cream to the pot once the asparagus is tender.’
- ‘Lightly fold in the mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream and tomato purée into the sieved tomato pulp.’
- ‘Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yoghurt, or sprinkle with cheese.’
- ‘Reindeer meat doesn't suffer if you cook it with cream or sour cream, either.’
- ‘In a bowl, mix together goat cheese curd, sugar, cream, sour cream and lemon zest.’
- ‘We defined high fat dairy food as whole milk, ice cream, hard cheese, butter, and sour cream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.