Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Cream that has been deliberately fermented by the addition of certain bacteria.
- ‘Lightly fold in the mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream and tomato purée into the sieved tomato pulp.’
- ‘In a medium bowl, combine the banana purée, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until combined.’
- ‘Whip them up with butter, sour cream or cream cheese to spread on everything from toast to potatoes to steak to squash.’
- ‘To serve, garnish with a drizzle of sour cream or plain yogurt and chopped parsley or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.’
- ‘Serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, cilantro and green onions.’
- ‘Cut into squares and serve, topping with sour cream and cilantro to garnish.’
- ‘There is also a discreet dish of blinis, boiled potato slices and sour cream.’
- ‘Margarine, butter, mayonnaise and sour cream add fat to vegetables and fruits.’
- ‘In a small bowl mix together the lovage, brioche, sauerkraut, creme fraiche, and sour cream.’
- ‘Just one tablespoon of butter, sour cream or gravy can double the calories in a potato.’
- ‘The meal was served with a large side salad and baked potatoes with sour cream.’
- ‘For a double hit, serve them with a bowl of sour cream with some raw spring onions chopped and sprinkled on the top.’
- ‘In a bowl, mix together goat cheese curd, sugar, cream, sour cream and lemon zest.’
- ‘Milk, butter, sour cream, and curd cheese were traditionally highly prized additions to the diet.’
- ‘We defined high fat dairy food as whole milk, ice cream, hard cheese, butter, and sour cream.’
- ‘Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yoghurt, or sprinkle with cheese.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, flour, sour cream, egg and egg yolk and whisk to combine.’
- ‘If you prefer a chunky soup, simply add cream cheese and sour cream to the pot once the asparagus is tender.’
- ‘Reindeer meat doesn't suffer if you cook it with cream or sour cream, either.’
- ‘Place the chocolate, sour cream and muscovado sugar in a heavy saucepan over a very low heat.’
sour cream/ˈsou(ə)r krēm/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.