One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The club room is being re-built at a cost of £250,000 with increased soundproofing, removal of all windows and relocation of speakers.’
- ‘As a result of the renovations the club will no longer feature live music because of the cost of soundproofing and double-glazing the windows.’
- ‘The townhouse was chosen because its cement walls provided good soundproofing.’
- ‘His wheezing and giggling are driving me crazy and even with the soundproofing in the back room the bass from the club is making my eyes hurt.’
- ‘Some people are talking about adjusting traffic patterns to try to help with the noise, but a more reasonable solution might be focusing on adding soundproofing to noisy areas where people live or work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.