An aperture in the belly of a stringed instrument.
- ‘Two f shaped soundholes are cut in the belly, their exact placing, angle, and shape varying from maker to maker.’
- ‘Ben later began making smaller soundholes for esthetic reasons; this does not affect the volume or quality of sound.’
- ‘It features 2 teardrop soundholes located on the bass side of the body that have chrome binding.’
- ‘The cat's eye soundholes have a fairly large area and I think that this really opens up the sound.’
- ‘The soundpost is inserted and its position adjusted through the soundholes using a special tool.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.