One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aperture in the belly of a stringed instrument.
- ‘Ben later began making smaller soundholes for esthetic reasons; this does not affect the volume or quality of sound.’
- ‘The soundpost is inserted and its position adjusted through the soundholes using a special tool.’
- ‘The cat's eye soundholes have a fairly large area and I think that this really opens up the sound.’
- ‘It features 2 teardrop soundholes located on the bass side of the body that have chrome binding.’
- ‘Two f shaped soundholes are cut in the belly, their exact placing, angle, and shape varying from maker to maker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.