One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device designed to mask or block out undesirable sounds by generating white noise or some other continuous, unobtrusive sound.
- ‘Some sound conditioners produce sounds of nature such as surf, lakeshore, and country evening.’
- ‘It is still the most economical, most popular sound conditioner on the market.’
- ‘This white noise machine and sound conditioner creates a consistent, smooth sound of rushing air.’
- ‘This portable sound conditioner fits easily into an overnight bag or suitcase and includes a nylon travel pouch.’
- ‘These sound conditioners are recommended for restless sleepers, shift workers, infants, children, students, apartment dwellers, office workers (for confidentiality) and many others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.