One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device which can be slotted into a computer to allow the use of audio components for multimedia applications.
- ‘In the past, people used to buy plenty of add-on computer cards to boost their computers' functions - sound cards, graphic cards, modem cards, USB connectivity cards and so on.’
- ‘All you need is your transceiver, a computer with a sound card and a program that supports the desired mode.’
- ‘Let's be honest, though; games drive the hardware industry, particularly in graphics cards, sound cards and processors.’
- ‘You do need to make certain that your system is equipped with a good-quality video card and a sound card.’
- ‘Another feature enables users so inclined to connect their PC sound card to their TV audio output.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.