A device that can be slotted into a computer to allow the use of audio components for multimedia applications.
- ‘In the past, people used to buy plenty of add-on computer cards to boost their computers' functions - sound cards, graphic cards, modem cards, USB connectivity cards and so on.’
- ‘All you need is your transceiver, a computer with a sound card and a program that supports the desired mode.’
- ‘You do need to make certain that your system is equipped with a good-quality video card and a sound card.’
- ‘Let's be honest, though; games drive the hardware industry, particularly in graphics cards, sound cards and processors.’
- ‘Another feature enables users so inclined to connect their PC sound card to their TV audio output.’