One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Kids who have been beaten or deprived tend to grow up to be either soullessly obedient to their ‘superiors’, or else violently rebellious.’
- ‘Sadly, the movie shifts gear into thriller denouement mode where everything soullessly clicks into place.’
- ‘I'll never understand how people can take such pleasure in struggling a wonky trolley around endless impersonal aisles of soullessly stacked goods week after week after week.’
- ‘It was typical of what one hears when the Philharmonic plays these days: astonishing feats of orchestral legerdemain that seem to serve no expressive purpose whatsoever as one soullessly turned phrase follows another.’
- ‘Many subsequent adaptations of literature typified the film industry's appetite for soullessly copying previous hits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.