One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Arousing intense emotion.‘soul-stirring gospel performances’
- ‘Some of the most thought-provoking, soul-stirring films at the festival remained lamentably under the radar.’
- ‘At the top of the mountain, he surveyed the soul-stirring majesty of the last of Europe's wild land, and made a decision.’
- ‘Perhaps it is this level of virtuosity and contagious exuberance that inspired Bradbury's description of music of this type as "wild and soul-stirring."’
- ‘Both these ceremonies were soul-stirring affairs marked by pomp and gaiety.’
- ‘Renoir knows how to show nature as both harsh and soul-stirring.’
- ‘This opus is the album's pinnacle, moving with soft intensity toward soul-stirring crescendos.’
- ‘Those were soul-stirring words back in 1776.’
- ‘The Center houses soul-stirring collections of western art and a magnificent firearms museum.’
- ‘The birth of a child is a soul-stirring moment.’
- ‘The maestro is known for casting a spell on his audience with his soul-stirring rendition of Carnatic music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.