One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Clinton's final SOTU address’short for State of the Union
- ‘This stark picture was part of what I thought was a pretty effective answer to the President's SOTU address.’
- ‘What I feel like posting about is the Democratic response to the SOTU.’
- ‘I've never cared for the SOTU speech; listening to those things was like eating a big damp pillow.’
- ‘I missed the SOTU address.’
- ‘Hare-brained, off the shelf ideas are a staple of SOTU addresses.’
- ‘She's referring to a specific line in a specific SOTU speech, which referred explicitly to other nations.’
- ‘Regarding the SOTU, it seems I read too much into what he said.’
- ‘He points out there may have been something to the SOTU bluster.’
- ‘In his SOTU assessment, he also the focus to be odd.’
- ‘Note that there were 21 uses of the word "freedom" in the SOTU, and the last word was also "freedom."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.