One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Scenes of deep tragedy are treated with such a matter of factness and raw economy they become almost palpable in their unprotected sorrowfulness.’
- ‘Let us take the sorrowfulness of Finnish music as an example.’
- ‘One day, when he was living with his mother in Ch'i, she was struck with the sorrowfulness of his aspect as he stood leaning against a pillar, and asked him the cause of it.’
- ‘He would like me to be disarmed by his sorrowfulness and he is unsure whether I would be disarmed, so that makes him uneasy.’
- ‘This question touches us deeply, in its sorrowfulness and its honesty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.