One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Absorption and adsorption considered as a single process.
- ‘Other solutes interact with aquifer solids through physicochemical processes known as sorption.’
- ‘Sorption of lipophilic compounds to cuticular waxes was up to one order of magnitude lower than sorption to cuticular membranes while sorption of the hydrophilic compounds was not measurable.’
- ‘These processes are known as sorption and desorption, and their effect on the concentration distribution in gas phase is the second term in Equation 1.’
- ‘Since both are nonlinear interrelated buffering systems, soil stability with regard to sorption and mobilization processes is liable to unpredictable, chaotic changes.’
- ‘Amino acid compositional patterns also indicated preferential sorption of basic amino acids, with positively charged nitrogen side chains, to the negatively charged aluminosilicate clay minerals.’
Early 20th century: back-formation from absorption and adsorbable.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.